Your efforts are changing the energy landscape...
altering outdated business models
accelerating renewable installations
mitigating climate change and it's effects
providing access to the underserved
We can help keep you on track, by offering financial and economic analyses of energy projects, programs and investments. We work with banks, private sponsors, development agencies and utilities, to help uncover the full value of your endeavor, and demonstrate it to boards, investors and other decision makers. To ensure we can help you in the best possible way, we maintain expertise in financial and economic modeling, policy and risk analysis, and business model/design optimization. The GLS Group is a network of independent consultants, with experience in many countries around the world.
Featured Project: African Development Bank
Delivered valuation for risk-mitigating designs at the proposed 2400 MW Batoka Gorge Hydropower Dam in Zambia and Zimbabwe. The valuation included an in investment strategy under uncertainty, a dynamic cost & revenue model, options valuation and risk-mitigation steps.
GLS Consultants Maintain Expertise in the Following Areas:
- Financial Performance Modeling for Decision-Making Under Uncertainty
- Financial and Economic Modeling for Infrastructure Investment
- Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Risk Analysis
- Performance Asset Valuation and Appraisal
- Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Private Enterprise Growth and Competitiveness in Frontier Economies
- Capital Budgeting Strategies
- The Economics of Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies
- Finance and Capital Market Maturity
- Capital Allocation Strategies including Micro-Finance and Remittances
When to Use a Real Options Analysis
Real options analysis captures the value of flexibility in hydropower design that other decision-making processes may not. The academic journal Renewable Energy Focus has recently published one of our collaborative research articles. The article highlights valuation techniques at hydropower plants when risks of climate change and other uncertainties are high.
Follow Rich Swanson's blog each month as he discusses economic and finance topics in civil infrastructure.