The GLS Advantage
GLS delivers investment advisory services in project valuation, design and economics, with a focus on energy and water. We work with banks, private sponsors, development agencies and utilities, to evaluate assets and interventions, uncovering high-value strategic choices. We also maintain experience in finance and capital markets, advising banks on business model optimization. The GLS Group is a network of independent consultants, with experience in many countries around the world.
Featured Project: African Development Bank
Delivered valuation for risk-mitigating designs at the proposed 2400 MW Batoka Gorge Hydropower Dam in Zambia and Zimbabwe. The valuation included an in investment strategy under uncertainty, a dynamic cost & revenue model, options valuation and risk-mitigation steps.
GLS Consultants Maintain Expertise in the Following Areas:
- Financial Performance Modeling of Assets for Decision-Making Under Uncertainty
- Technical Finance and Economic Modeling for Infrastructure Investment
- Asset Valuation and Appraisal
- Resilient and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Private Enterprise Growth and Competitiveness in Frontier Economies
- Cost-Benefit Analysis and Long-term Risk Assessment
- Capital Budgeting Strategies
- The Economics of Climate Change and Adaptation Strategies
- Finance and Capital Market Maturity
- Capital Allocation Strategies including Micro-Finance and Remittances
- Corporate Governance
India's Power Sector, A Summary
In India, inefficiencies in the national power sector may be costing the nation 4% of GDP per year according to a new World Bank report. Instead, with the right investment, universal connection to grid power could increase the income of rural households by $9.4 billion a year; and, eliminating power shortages may prevent an estimated $22.7 billion in business losses annually.
Follow Rich Swanson's blog each month as he discusses economic and finance topics in civil infrastructure.