GLS Green Growth
GLS Green Growth is an independent consultancy with a special focus on growth opportunities in Africa.
Based in the heart of South Africa, we understand the unique social, economic and political realities of African nations. While these represent some challenges, we see clear, concrete opportunities.
Our experts combine decades of experience in the public and private sectors, a rich educational background, and a truly global network to assist our clients. Our clients include national and local governments; regional organizations and research networks; international organizations; private sector; and civil society.
GLS Green Growth Projects
Agricultural Development and Food Security: FANRPAN, South Africa
- COMESA - Development of the draft COMESA Regional CAADP Compact – submitted by FANRPAN to COMESA Member States in 2010. Ministers adopted proposals for regional investments in agriculture.
- COMESA - Assessing and reporting on implementation of FANRPAN projects in agricultural development and implementation of CAADP in COMESA.
- Swaziland, Namibia and Malawi – assessing implementation of projects assisting CAADP implementation in three countries.
- Policy briefs and papers on Livestock and climate change; Impact of climate change on agriculture in Africa; and the implementation of CAADP in Africa.
- South Africa – Performed due diligence on Hand in Hand South Africa, an international not-for-profit organisation. Assessment included management structure, strategy plan and financial analysis.
- South Africa – Delivered national risk assessment for investment in South African micro-enterprises. Assessment included in-depth analysis on macro- and micro-economic environment and proposed strategy plan. Strategy was adopted in 2010.
The Green Growth Team